When it comes to off-roading, Chimera bares its teeth. Ready to menace the trails. Smart, rugged and with plenty of gears to get you up and over those mountains. This beast isn’t one to back down.
The Chimera is built around an aluminium frame making it both strong and lightweight so perfect for weekend jaunts or taking on the trails. New for 2020, updated frame geometry. Better clearance to allow tyres to spin freely, decreasing the risk of dirt clogging up. We have reduced the head angle for a more predictable/stable ride. Steeper seat tube angle makes climbing easier and pedalling more efficient. Longer front centre increases stability, longer wheelbase increases comfort and inspires confidence in descents.
Other features include lightweight Alloy rims and a powerful V type brake system with lightweight alloy levers, chunky wide mountain bike tyres and a comfort padded saddle. The Chimera also features 18 speed Shimano gearing with mega range feature to minimize the impact of steep hills. Rock solid specification at an affordable price.
- Frame Alloy Gents
- Fork 26" rigid steel
- Headset Steel Full Ball Bearing
- B. B. Set Cotterless 5 Pcs
- Decals Insync Chimera ALR Gents 26" Wheel FS 2019
- Seat Bolt/Pin/Clamp Alloy clamp 31.8mm
- Handle Bar Steel Lo-Rise Bar 660mmL
- Stem Zoom MTS-319-5, 70mm, 10 Degree rise
- Grips Pvc MTB Type
- Front Brake Alloy V Brake
- Rear Brake Alloy V Brake
- Shifter Right Shimano ST-EF41-6 EZ Fire 6 spd
- Shifter Left Shimano ST-EF41-3 EZ Fire 3spd
- Front Derailleur FD-QD-35 (Down Pull)
- Rear Derailleur Shimano RDTX35GS (Bracket Type)
- Chain 3/32" x 1/2" x 110L
- Freewheel 6 Speed Index 14-28 T
- Pedals 9/16" PVC ATB Type
- Tyres Front 26" X 2.10"
- Tyres Rear 26" X 2.10"
- Rims 26" Alloy 36 Hole Single wall
- Front Hub Steel 36H
- Rear Hub Steel 36H
- Saddle MTB Type Black
- Seat Post 27.2 X 300mm Micro adjust alloy
Delivery & Returns
Please see our delivery and returns page for full details.
“Designed here in Manchester the lightweight aluminium Chimera is perfect for the urban commute or canal towpaths, simplicity is its strength, no basic heavy suspension just simple and efficient 21 speed shimano gearing and powerful aluminium V brakes for ultimate stopping power.”
Product Specialist - Insync
Find your perfect size
We calculate the perfect frame size based on your unique measurements
Recommended size: 18” Frame
This size recommendation is specifically for the 26” wheel size bikes
|Height||147cm to 154cm||155cm to 161cm||162cm to 171cm||172cm to 177cm||178cm to 182cm||183cm to 189cm||190cm to 196cm|
|Inside Leg||63cm to 69cm||69cm to 74cm||71cm to 76cm||76cm to 79cm||78cm to 81cm||81cm to 86cm||84cm to 89cm|